The Student Room Group

Struggling

My A-levels start in 5 weeks. I can barely remember anything I revise. I can't answer questions properly unless I look at my notes. I'm struggling so much. To make things worse, I'm having issues with my dad. I am travelling two weeks before my exams. I have a million things on my mind and I just wanna cry. I feel like I'm just preparing to fail atm.
Reply 1
Original post by Ollie Cook
My A-levels start in 5 weeks. I can barely remember anything I revise. I can't answer questions properly unless I look at my notes. I'm struggling so much. To make things worse, I'm having issues with my dad. I am travelling two weeks before my exams. I have a million things on my mind and I just wanna cry. I feel like I'm just preparing to fail atm.

Idk what subjects you’re doing but here’s advice for ones where you have to memorise lots of facts and stuff.

Write questions for your notes- type them on a notes app instead of handwriting as it’s faster. Bullet point/number each question.
Under the questions, write down everything you can remember from your notes, without looking (even if it’s not much- don’t worry).

Now copy and paste the questions you made for your notes, but this time look through your notes and add all the info you haven’t memorised.
Now you know know what topics you know most of and what you need more revision with.

Since there’s not much time left and learning eeeeeeverything is too stressful, maybe focus on your weakest areas.
Make a list of all the topics and cross out the ones you know a decent amount on. And focus on revising the topics you’re worst at.

If you’re not motivated to revise- do not set too much work for yourself because you’ll just get stressed and procrastinate even more.
Eg: set like 45 mins of work (or say you’ll do 2 pages of work) and then reward yourself.
For me, I do like an hour of work and then watch an ep of a show, then do another hour.
If you have a short attention span, then add more frequent breaks or listen to motivational music as you revise (some people get distracted by music but it helps me to focus and it’s only distracting for the first 5 mins).

Anyway, I hope this helps but if you don’t get the grades you wanted, maybe take a gap year and get tons of experience and work on your personal statement (if you plan on going uni). Then reapply.
Or take a foundation degree at uni and they’ll help you to get the skills and knowledge you need for the course you want.

Good luck and I hope things work out for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest