The Student Room Group

Official Year 12 Chat 2023-24

Scroll to see replies

hello everyone, not too late to get involved with the tsr study live together sessions officially launching 20th february at 4:30pm 🥳🎉! you can click here to find out more! come and represent either team stem or team humanities during the study sessions! can't wait to see you there :biggrin:! ❤️ i'll be there to encourage you and hype you up :smile:
Hey everyone,

Here are a few things you can do now on TSR:

Test your news knowledge with the quiz of the week!

Share your opinion on what the meaning of life is

Happy TSRing! :biggrin:,
Emmanuella 🎀
Original post by Hawraa.A
What a year we've had!

It's official, we have finally made it out of the vomit-inducing GCSEs and will now have to dip our toes in unfamiliar waters.
So obviously it would be a whole debacle without a friend to turn to and who else is better than other poor humans who have no idea who you are but are in the same situation... well this is where TSR comes in.

Hiya TSRers THIS IS THE OFFICIAL 2023-2024 YEAR 12 CHAT THREAD

So introductions first.

reply thread with

1. name / about yourself
2. Sixth Form / College or SFC
3. A - Levels or Btecs or other and exam boards if you know them (along with your subject grade at GCSE if you did it)
4. hobbies
5. Extracurriculars for UCAS or otherwise
6. What grades you're aiming for
7. What Uni or Course (if you know)
8. Useful Revision Techniques for yourself

but most importantly don't stress because the worst is yet to come.

Hi I’m aurora

Sixth Form

I’m taking A-level Biology, Chemistry and Physics. In my gcses I got A*s in all of them.

4. I really enjoy reading and going out to try new things with my friends (even though they’re wusses most of the time)

I do loads of volunteering in clinics, in school, I play netball and basketball, I’ve also almost finished my DoFE course but most of my extracurricular activities I’ve finished them last year.

Literally just A*A*A* but I feel like I might get A*A*A for now

Medicine but I’m not sure which uni yet really want a full ride scholarship though

For me personally it’s gotta be past papers and reading and writing my notes and basically ‘teaching’ myself but this year it seems a lot harder. Mainly since none of my teachers actually teach unfortunately

(edited 2 months ago)
Any Further Maths students got A-Level Maths mocks around now?
Hey everybody!!

I would like to know what is your best way to organise and plan out your revision when it comes to exams!! you can let me know here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7448851!

thanks,
Emmanuella ⭐️
**⭐️if you guys applied to UNIQ, feel free to ask any general questions here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7426352! you can also meet others who have applied ❤️ ⭐️**
hello everyone, if you like books - then a book quiz may be your thing 🤯! this week's round is 'classic books', so get involved!

you can play the quiz NOW with this link and let us know your scores here 👀: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7449763!

thanks all,
emmanuella 🎀
Anyone else got in to Target Oxbridge who isn't in the Instagram group chat already?

If so, what residential are you going to?
Are there any current insta groups I could join for year 12s ? Thankssss
What a year we've had!

It's official, we have finally made it out of the vomit-inducing GCSEs and will now have to dip our toes in unfamiliar waters.
So obviously it would be a whole debacle without a friend to turn to and who else is better than other poor humans who have no idea who you are but are in the same situation... well this is where TSR comes in.

So introductions first.

reply thread with

1. name / about yourself
3. A - Levels or Btecs or other and exam boards if you know them (along with your subject grade at GCSE if you did it)
4. hobbies

My name is Namara Bridget, from Uganda and am in form five, i do art, literature and religious subjects. i like music where by i sing in my free time,i like travelling and swimming plus dancing. Am aiming at getting 19 point.I would like study from abroad any university i can get a scholarship from.
Original post by namara709
What a year we've had!

So introductions first.

reply thread with

1. name / about yourself
4. hobbies

My name is Namara Bridget, from Uganda and am in form five, i do art, literature and religious subjects. i like music where by i sing in my free time,i like travelling and swimming plus dancing. Am aiming at getting 19 point.I would like study from abroad any university i can get a scholarship from.

oh hey!! i’m from uganda too but i live in europe :smile:
Original post by AmIReallyHere
Anyone else got in to Target Oxbridge who isn't in the Instagram group chat already?

If so, what residential are you going to?
I’m going to the Oxford residential!
hey everyone :heart:! here are some things that you can get involved with on TSR:

1) tell us what you think the biggest challenges facing our society are NOW in the TSR Big Discussion!
2) if you like your books, you can now leave suggestions here for the TSR Book Club's March Book of the Month!
3) if philosophy is more your thing, you could tell us what you think the meaning of life is!
4) if you have come across a good news story recently, please share it here!

excited to see you guys contributing on the threads! have a nice day <3! :heart::lovedup:
What a year we've had!
So introductions first.
reply thread with
1. name / about yourself
4. hobbies
Hi! My name is Aida, I'm 16 and I'm currently studying a levels in Ditton Park Academy. The subjects I'm currently studying are AQA biology (7 in GCSE), Edexcel psychology (not done in GCSE) and Edexcel business (also not done in GCSE 😮*💨). I actually have a lot of hobbies and there's so much I like to do in my free time. This included doing sports especially basketball and badminton. I also like singing and playing the piano even though the last time I touched one was like a year ago (my keyboard broke yk).😭
I'm trying to be realistic with what grades I'm hoping to achieve by the end of yr 13. For biology realistically I'd probably end up with a B as its really challenging. For psychology and business I could get an A and I'm really hoping to achieve that.
After my A levels I want to study psychology at university as I want to get a career in child psychology in the future. The universities I looked at so far were Bristol university (which is REALLY GOOD BY THE WAY), kings college and Bath university.
My GCSE grades were all 6 and above as I had a lot of revision techniques to help me throughout the way. I used Seneca for sciences mostly and unlocked Seneca premium, which really helped me practice questions and gave access to predicted questions, which I think is a really useful thing to get if you are studying because I still use it for a level biology. Another revision technique I used are flashcards and mind maps. I like to keep my notes colourful and aesthetic because it actually motivates me to revise more, rather than having blunt notes that I wouldn't want to look back at again. Blurting is another technique I used. I would pick a topic and write down everything I know about it from memory on a whiteboard. If I've missed out anything or written something incorrect I would go back and revise those specific parts again and practice them a few more times till i finally get them right. HOPE THIS HELPS GUYS🙏🏻🤗
hello everyone :biggrin:! just want to say that the latest TSR Book Quiz is out now, and there's no particular theme - so hopefully some questions will be familiar to you! get your bookworm hats now and have a go at completing the quiz here! (there are also rep prizes to be won if you come top 3!!) :heart:
Hello year 12!
Hope you're all doing great!
Im Erin and im in y13 doing French, History and politics - just wanted to pop in and let you know about a thread I've set up to share revision methods, help guide your revision or discover some new revision techniques that you've perhaps not tried before - would be fab if you came along! :biggrin:
TSR Asks...what are your favourite ways to revise?
Original post by emm4nuella
hello everyone :biggrin:! just want to say that the latest TSR Book Quiz is out now, and there's no particular theme - so hopefully some questions will be familiar to you! get your bookworm hats now and have a go at completing the quiz here! (there are also rep prizes to be won if you come top 3!!) :heart:

Hey Year 12s, reminder that you can still play this week's Book Quiz (closes on Sat 23rd March) - rep prizes to be won!! :biggrin: TSR Book Quiz #3: 16th March 2024 📕 - The Student Room
Reply 297
Hi i'm Alyssea
I'm in Sixth form in the west mids
I'm studying Biology, chemistry and maths
And i want to go into medicine but rn thats looking a little unlikely :wink:
Also i have no idea where i wanna go to uni but im thinking Manchester as its further away from home than Birmingham
I'm doing a lot of extracurriculars as well as working as a tutor for GCSEs and the 11plus. but extracurriculars involve volunteering at a local scout group, volunteering at a primary school, med soc etc...

nice to meet u all tho xx
Hi everyone 🙂
Just wanted say good luck to anyone doing mock exams after the Easter term like me. Hope everyone does amazing!!
Original post by tasha_1306
Hi everyone 🙂
Just wanted say good luck to anyone doing mock exams after the Easter term like me. Hope everyone does amazing!!

Thank youuu, same goes to you <3

Quick Reply

Latest