The Student Room Group

Cambridge college & Maths

Hello, for maths at Cambridge, I was wondering if there were any general best colleges for if you are simply aiming of getting in? I am aware that they consider all applicants in a holistic process etc etc. but more so for which one is more likely to give offers, which receive the most/less competitive applications (Although the pool is used I feel it may be good to know as I should avoid it if necessary). Initially, I was looking at Trinity, however due to the sheer calibre of people that apply, plus the quantity making it harder to stand out, then T. Hall, but they have lower than average offer rates compared to the mean. At the moment I am thinking G&C, as they have higher rates and my friend will be applying there plus they do a lot of support programs in my county to get more people from here into Oxbridge schools, so that might be useful (How useful I do not know, but edging out is better than failing I guess lol). My apologies if my question is dumb as I fear it may be, but I suppose it is better to know than not lol :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, for maths at Cambridge, I was wondering if there were any general best colleges for if you are simply aiming of getting in? I am aware that they consider all applicants in a holistic process etc etc. but more so for which one is more likely to give offers, which receive the most/less competitive applications (Although the pool is used I feel it may be good to know as I should avoid it if necessary). Initially, I was looking at Trinity, however due to the sheer calibre of people that apply, plus the quantity making it harder to stand out, then T. Hall, but they have lower than average offer rates compared to the mean. At the moment I am thinking G&C, as they have higher rates and my friend will be applying there plus they do a lot of support programs in my county to get more people from here into Oxbridge schools, so that might be useful (How useful I do not know, but edging out is better than failing I guess lol). My apologies if my question is dumb as I fear it may be, but I suppose it is better to know than not lol :smile:

I would post this on the main Cambridge thread.More likely to get informed answers.
Reply 2
Original post by Scotney
I would post this on the main Cambridge thread.More likely to get informed answers.

..and ideally as himself rather than anon, to make it easier for people to help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending