The Student Room Group

AQA spanish A level remark

I got my paper 1 remarked again because it didn't seem right. so i got it back 2 days ago, with the script and i went from 302 marks to 306, one mark away from an A. and then i looked at the script and there were 6 marks they could've awarded me. one of which was part of the reading section and i had to write down the synonyms for the words. my parents say it was because of my handwriting but the word looked normal and correct. another thing i felt that discounted my marks was because i doodled on the "Additional notes" section. do you think they discounted marks because of the drawing?
Original post by fabiiL
I got my paper 1 remarked again because it didn't seem right. so i got it back 2 days ago, with the script and i went from 302 marks to 306, one mark away from an A. and then i looked at the script and there were 6 marks they could've awarded me. one of which was part of the reading section and i had to write down the synonyms for the words. my parents say it was because of my handwriting but the word looked normal and correct. another thing i felt that discounted my marks was because i doodled on the "Additional notes" section. do you think they discounted marks because of the drawing?

It's difficult to say as we don't know the full circumstances, but have you spoken to your college since you had a review of marking? Did they have any advice?
Reply 2
Original post by brainzistheword
It's difficult to say as we don't know the full circumstances, but have you spoken to your college since you had a review of marking? Did they have any advice?

They told me that I can appeal, but it is very costly. My parents don't want to push it either so im stuck with a B. Is there a chance my college can mention in my reccomendation letter that i was a mark off an A?
Original post by fabiiL
They told me that I can appeal, but it is very costly. My parents don't want to push it either so im stuck with a B. Is there a chance my college can mention in my reccomendation letter that i was a mark off an A?

A B is still a very good result. I'm not sure what your college is able to mention in their recommendation - it's probably something you'd need to ask them about. Does the B affect the course you want to go on to?

Quick Reply

Latest