The Student Room Group

Tfl fare evasion- will I have go pay the price?

I am 15 and my sister is 19 (at uni). She was travelling to Hayes on the elizabeth line and because she didn't have money on her oyster card, she used mine. She was fined 40 pounds for travelling on my zipcard. They wrote down my card number and gave it back to my sister. I wanted to ask if my card would be still valid or flagged because I use it to go to school, and keep my card with her for safekeeping as we travel in the same direction. Will tfl stop me for something I didn't do? I don't want to get a criminal record and my sister has apologised to me and said she won't use it again. Pls help
Reply 1
I'm very disappointed in my sister too but I don't want either of us to get criminal record, she has paid the fine.
Reply 2
She has just told me that she also used it a handful of times but not since she got fined. Now I'm very worried
Reply 3
nothing should happen to you, if you explain that you were unaware that it was being used by your sister, and you left it with her for safekeeping, tfl may prosecute your sister but definitely not you.
Odd how they caught someone with a card that didn't belong to them then gave it back to them...
If they gave the card back then you’ll likely be fine. Worst case they send you a letter revoking it, but I’d be surprised.
Reply 6
Original post by StriderHort
Odd how they caught someone with a card that didn't belong to them then gave it back to them...

I was surprised also. My sister told them that I needed it for school, and proved that we are related as we have the same surname and similar first name through showing her bank card. Should I expect further prosecution?? I am nervous for both of us

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending