The Student Room Group

how to beat procrastination & focus when studying - year 13

hello fellow TSR members, i am going into Year 13 in a few days and i would love advice on how to beat procrastination and focus when studying! thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by emm4nuella
hello fellow TSR members, i am going into Year 13 in a few days and i would love advice on how to beat procrastination and focus when studying! thanks :smile:

If you already know what you run towards when procrastinating, whether its social media or video games, I suggest making a habit of spending some time away from this, especially during exam seasons, and try to discover ways to study that feel fun and interesting to you like making flashcards or watching youtube videos. I recommend using sites like seneca for subjects you find difficult.

It also helps to have people who can hold you accountable like your mum, siblings or friends, what worked for me was forming a study group with some of my classmates, where we will came together and got work done as a group, and helped each other with topics we found difficult, knowing how hard other people are working can give you motivation towards working harder too.

And start finding places that help you focus on your work. If you know you can't concentrate when doing work in your bedroom, living or dining room, then start doing your work in your local or school library. This is your final year to start getting your head in the game, and if you really want to achieve those high grades, it's really now or never.
Reply 2
Get in to a rhythm of study and recharge times. Find some study locations that are pleasant and which inspire you. I worked on the top floor of a uni tower block with a great view and books all around. Keep the goal and vision in mind of the happy day when the exams are over and the day when you get the grades you want
The app Flora really helps me!
Original post by emm4nuella

The pomodoro technique may be useful. If that still feels like too big of a step, commit to doing just five minutes of work, which may help you to get started :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest