The Student Room Group

What do you think of my blog?

I wanted to do this for fun and about my recent science discoveries.
Positive critics and compliments please :smile:

https://rehyasblog.blogspot.com/
The idea is great! I like how you write articles on things you've learned, it's good for practicing writing and research:wink:

Though I just saw this 'Water is made up of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom bonded together by hydrogen bonding.' It feels misleading as this implies within an H2O molecule there's hydrogen bonding, in reality the bond between H and O atom is covalent, while the intermolecular bond is hydrogen bonding. A better way to put it is perhaps "Water is made up of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom covalently bonded together, and attracted between different H2O molecules by hydrogen bonding.'

I've only read that one article: it's well written and clear, though there are points I'd love to see more of, so perhaps including a brief footnotes of websites/books you get the info from at the end?
Original post by Bookworm524
The idea is great! I like how you write articles on things you've learned, it's good for practicing writing and research:wink:

Though I just saw this 'Water is made up of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom bonded together by hydrogen bonding.' It feels misleading as this implies within an H2O molecule there's hydrogen bonding, in reality the bond between H and O atom is covalent, while the intermolecular bond is hydrogen bonding. A better way to put it is perhaps "Water is made up of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom covalently bonded together, and attracted between different H2O molecules by hydrogen bonding.'

I've only read that one article: it's well written and clear, though there are points I'd love to see more of, so perhaps including a brief footnotes of websites/books you get the info from at the end?

Thank you so much for reading! Yes, I thought it would be good, it'll also be good to look back on. I just added your suggestion in it.

I have included websites in another one of my blogs as reference for credibility. I agree, the idea of having footnotes is a good idea!
Its good to hear that it is well written and clear! Was the tone alright as well?
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by DaydreamingTeen
Thank you so much for reading! Yes, I thought it would be good, it'll also be good to look back on. I just added your suggestion in it.

I have included websites in another one of my blogs as reference for credibility. I agree, the idea of having footnotes is a good idea!
Its good to hear that it is well written and clear! Was the tone alright as well?

If you're intending to a general audience (which I think it is in this case?), the tone's fine in terms of not being too formal or informal :smile:
Original post by Bookworm524
If you're intending to a general audience (which I think it is in this case?), the tone's fine in terms of not being too formal or informal :smile:

Great, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending