The Student Room Group

Husband got a new job - do I cancel my adults dependant grant

Hi all,

I'm 24+ living with my husband. At the time I applied for SFE he didn't have a job so I received adults dependent grant. He's now got a job and I'm expecting my first payment on the 11th. He's on 50k now. Do I have to let SFE know so they can cancel the grant or no? Will they find out if I don't cancel it? He's only on a 6 month internship so he's on 25k in 6 months, after 6 months he'll have to look for another job so we'll be out of pocket& can't claim universal credit anymore with my student finance and his salary combined. Our rent is extortionate& most of his salary will go to rent

Any help please
Original post by moniq1
Hi all,

I'm 24+ living with my husband. At the time I applied for SFE he didn't have a job so I received adults dependent grant. He's now got a job and I'm expecting my first payment on the 11th. He's on 50k now. Do I have to let SFE know so they can cancel the grant or no? Will they find out if I don't cancel it? He's only on a 6 month internship so he's on 25k in 6 months, after 6 months he'll have to look for another job so we'll be out of pocket& can't claim universal credit anymore with my student finance and his salary combined. Our rent is extortionate& most of his salary will go to rent

Any help please

Hi there,

If you upload a cover letter to your account and request the adult dependant grant to be cancelled then this will be processed on your behalf. Or if you call us on 0300 100 0607 we can refer this over if you're looking to cancel this. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending