The Student Room Group

Earning too much

Hi,

I have recently been offered a job 1 day a week at a hospital that I have done some practical experience placements in.
My husband earns 27200 a year and we have 4 children I currently receive a maintenance loan of just under 10000 and childcare of just over 4000 as 2 or more of our children are in child care.
If I take this job with my pro rata pay we will earn around 32000 collectively how much student finance and childcare grant will I lose next year (my final year of study)?
If I were to start the job in the new tax year after April 2024, would the assessment be based on this tax years salary April 23 to April 24 or in April of the following year (2025) would they look back realised we want too much and send me an overpaid notice?
I'm asking because this job would be an amazing opportunity for me, it's in my chosen profession they've created the role for me, but I also have lots of responsibilities I have four children, a mortgage etc. So I need to know the financial implications of taking the position.
Original post by Pixie!
Hi,

I have recently been offered a job 1 day a week at a hospital that I have done some practical experience placements in.
My husband earns 27200 a year and we have 4 children I currently receive a maintenance loan of just under 10000 and childcare of just over 4000 as 2 or more of our children are in child care.
If I take this job with my pro rata pay we will earn around 32000 collectively how much student finance and childcare grant will I lose next year (my final year of study)?
If I were to start the job in the new tax year after April 2024, would the assessment be based on this tax years salary April 23 to April 24 or in April of the following year (2025) would they look back realised we want too much and send me an overpaid notice?
I'm asking because this job would be an amazing opportunity for me, it's in my chosen profession they've created the role for me, but I also have lots of responsibilities I have four children, a mortgage etc. So I need to know the financial implications of taking the position.

Hi there,

We do not take a students income from work into consideration when we assess you for your entitlement. This means you can work as much as you want and it would still just be based off your husbands income.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending