The Student Room Group

Hater at work?

I recently started a new job several months ago, and my colleague just doesn't like me. I've always been polite and respectable towards them, like saying good morning, how are you? good afternoon.

I've really seen a significant difference in the way my colleague treats other people compared to me and it's just heart-breaking.

I do animation and in a meeting my colleague who dislikes me called out the names who were on the animation team, but deliberately didn't say my name. They knew I was in the team too. This happened to me a few times and I had to remind them I was also part of the team. My team-mate also pointed out to them I was in the team.

I've just felt really felt very un-welcomed, I just don't understand what I did wrong to my colleague. They're just really cold towards me and warm and friendly towards my team mates.

I'm a friendly, kind, respectable person...I'm not rude, I've been brought up to respect others and to never judge people.

I'm not perfect, and I know people hate. I've always got on well with my other colleagues at work and with friends.

I'm just shocked at how someone can just hate me, I know this sounds naive.

My colleague who dislikes me is a mature adult, and I'm in my 20s

I too afraid to tell my boss because I don't want to start any trouble.

any advice?
:frown:

some people are bullies. i think they are bothered by your light. i was in your position at work. nothing i did could make them respect me. they're the problem, not you. if i were in your position, i would keep on controlling my emotions and continue to act professionally.
Reply 2
Thanks so much for this, I think you're right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending