The Student Room Group

Failed 2/6 due to no submission UEL

I didn’t submit 2 assignments due to drowning in other assignments for the other modules. I’ve also been dealing with a lot this year so missed the resubmission deadline for those two modules. I was given an extension the first time around. I just found out I’ve failed the whole year. I’ve reached out to my course leader but feeling anxious about the situation. Anyone know what I can do or what will happen? It took a lot for me to enrol in the first place and I’m not sure if I can redo the whole year again.
Any guidance would be great.
For context, this is at UEL.
Speaking to your Students Union as soon as you can, would be a good option.
Original post by Anonymous
I didn’t submit 2 assignments due to drowning in other assignments for the other modules. I’ve also been dealing with a lot this year so missed the resubmission deadline for those two modules. I was given an extension the first time around. I just found out I’ve failed the whole year. I’ve reached out to my course leader but feeling anxious about the situation. Anyone know what I can do or what will happen? It took a lot for me to enrol in the first place and I’m not sure if I can redo the whole year again.
Any guidance would be great.
For context, this is at UEL.

Hi @anonymous #1,

I’m sorry to hear this. I acknowledge this can be a stressful time.

It will be best to speak to the student Hub for further assistance.
You can contact them via telephone at 020 8223 4444 or through your portal here: https://myportal.uel.ac.uk/

I wish you all the best with your studies.

-Samantha
Does your university not have summer resits? So that you have a chance to "resit" / "redo" the assignments for the modules that you missed over summer, and therefore progress into the next year with the rest of your cohort?

Granted your grade will be capped at 40%, but at least you get to progress.

I'd definitely suggest reaching out to your academic advisor to check. Or at the very least, gain their advice.

Don't worry, everything works out in the end.
Reply 4
Original post by confuzzledteen
Does your university not have summer resits? So that you have a chance to "resit" / "redo" the assignments for the modules that you missed over summer, and therefore progress into the next year with the rest of your cohort?

Granted your grade will be capped at 40%, but at least you get to progress.

Very, very unlikely. If they've failed the whole year then in almost every circumstance they can't do resits in the summer resit period, for logistical as well as commonsense reasons - they'd be sitting all their credits within two and a half weeks, which is an impossible workload for most people. Most departments would not allow sem1 resits to happen in the sem2 resit period, in any case.

OP, the most likely outcome is retaking the year. Is this really such a terrible prospect? Do you have mitigation in place, and if not, is it worth you trying? SPeaking to your AA is good advice, do it as soon as is practical.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending