The Student Room Group

Moved to new accomodation

So I have booked a student accommodation 4 months ago. I have paid the deposit which was £100 and signed the contract. After 1 or 2 week, they shared me an email stating the renowation work. Now, I have moved in to another accomodation because of bad reviews and construction work going on the previously booked acco. So, now they are asking me to pay whole rent fee because I haven't moved in or else my case would be escalated to the debt collector team. As an international student, what should I do? I don't even have the key of previously booked acco, so do I need to pay the whole rent or is there a way out?
Reply 1
Original post by Tj0923
So I have booked a student accommodation 4 months ago. I have paid the deposit which was £100 and signed the contract. After 1 or 2 week, they shared me an email stating the renowation work. Now, I have moved in to another accomodation because of bad reviews and construction work going on the previously booked acco. So, now they are asking me to pay whole rent fee because I haven't moved in or else my case would be escalated to the debt collector team. As an international student, what should I do? I don't even have the key of previously booked acco, so do I need to pay the whole rent or is there a way out?

What does the contract say?
Reply 2
That If you fail to move in on certain date, they have right to cancel the agreement. But nowhere it's written that we will have to pay whole rent if we will not move in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending