The Student Room Group

I ****ed up my alevels and now im worried Im gonna go the same at uni

I could never focus through school and studying. With my alevels I procrasinated, didn't put in the effort and when I did it wasn't really productive studying. And every year I freak out and promise that I will change and work harder, but when the time comes I end up doing the same all over again. Now I'm starting uni and I really don't wanna **** this up. I'm doing Law. I have to end up with at least a 2.1. But I'm worried when the time comes I'll end up repeating my mistakes. Anyone been in my postion and got they're act together in uni? If so, any stories or advice?
Reply 1
Well, my habits were so bad that I failed some of my A Levels and later went on to a first class degree, Master's at distinction, a PhD, then did an extra Postgrad at Oxford. So there's anecdotal evidence.
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
Well, my habits were so bad that I failed some of my A Levels and later went on to a first class degree, Master's at distinction, a PhD, then did an extra Postgrad at Oxford. So there's anecdotal evidence.

How did you break free from your habits? Or does it happen naturally? Because since GCSEs it feels like I'm repeating same cycle of **** ups. Rn looks like I'm back at stage one. Promising to do better, etc making plans, organising things and to do lists.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
How did you break free from your habits? Or does it happen naturally? Because since GCSEs it feels like I'm repeating same cycle of **** ups. Rn looks like I'm back at stage one. Promising to do better, etc making plans, organising things and to do lists.

Honestly, I just went and had years out of education, really. Not for everyone, but it was what I needed at the time and I did a lot of growing up and reassessment of what I actually wanted. When I went back I made sure I was doing something I cared about and the rest fell in naturally from there so I didn't need to think to much about it.

Just getting organised is a big help, and making sure that you don't overload yourself with work. Making time for nice stuff, trading wti yourself and rewarding yourself once work is done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending