The Student Room Group

Year 2 transfer - Not given my 2 out of 4 modules

Hey, I transferred to a new uni for a year 2 entry. I picked my modules and only got 2 of my preferred ones. I wanted the other two as well as those modules are the things I want to do as a job when I leave uni. I was given my reserve/backup modules. Is there anything I could do or say to allow them to give me my two preferred modules? I just want to reiterate that these modules are subjects I want to do after leaving uni so it's really important for me to get these!

Thank you!
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by kye335
Hey, I transferred to a new uni for a year 2 entry. I picked my modules and only got 2 of my preferred ones. I wanted the other two as well as those modules are the things I want to do as a job when I leave uni. I was given my reserve/backup modules. Is there anything I could do or say to allow them to give me my two preferred modules? I just want to reiterate that these modules are subjects I want to do after leaving uni so it's really important for me to get these!

Thank you!

Hey!

It's probably best to contact your division/school ASAP and see if you can change them and explain your reasoning. Some unis also have divisional timetabling offices you can contact for things like this or just the general timetabling office could direct you to the right person :smile:

I'd say do it sooner rather than later though, as there's normally a deadline to change your modules within the first couple weeks of term/they may already be full.

Hope it all works out for you! :h:
Natalie
University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 2
Dear Natalie,

Thank you so much for your response, I'm going to email them now! I just wanted to know what you meant by division, I was emailing the Learning & Teaching Service at my uni is this fine?
Original post by University of Kent
Hey!

It's probably best to contact your division/school ASAP and see if you can change them and explain your reasoning. Some unis also have divisional timetabling offices you can contact for things like this or just the general timetabling office could direct you to the right person :smile:

I'd say do it sooner rather than later though, as there's normally a deadline to change your modules within the first couple weeks of term/they may already be full.

Hope it all works out for you! :h:
Natalie
Original post by kye335
Dear Natalie,

Thank you so much for your response, I'm going to email them now! I just wanted to know what you meant by division, I was emailing the Learning & Teaching Service at my uni is this fine?

Hey,

No worries, hope you get it sorted!! They might call it something different at your uni, but at Kent they split up the courses into 'divisions' so there's like, Human & Social Sciences, Natural Sciences .etc and we have timetabling offices for each one. :smile:

Natalie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending