The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

BSc (Hons) Mathematics with the OU

Is the course any good? Do you do much programming and if so what languages have you used? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Is the course any good? Do you do much programming and if so what languages have you used? Thanks :smile:

I'm not a BSc Maths student but I'm taking a maths module (MST124) as part of my BSc Computing course. There's no programming in MST124 but in my Computing modules I'll be using Python and Java mainly. Hope that helps. Any questions don't hesitate to ask. :smile:
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
I'm not a BSc Maths student but I'm taking a maths module (MST124) as part of my BSc Computing course. There's no programming in MST124 but in my Computing modules I'll be using Python and Java mainly. Hope that helps. Any questions don't hesitate to ask. :smile:

Will you be taking any other maths modules? Also, did you take the modules M140 & MU123?
Will you be taking any other maths modules? Also, did you take the modules M140 & MU123?

No I'm only required to complete 1 maths module throughout my whole course. I had a choice of either MU123 or MST124 and I went with MST124
Reply 5
No I'm only required to complete 1 maths module throughout my whole course. I had a choice of either MU123 or MST124 and I went with MST124

Is it fun? And what is learning with the OU like?

Quick Reply

Latest