The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

How mathematical is MMU's BA econnomics?

I want to apply for a BA in economics at MMU. But after looking at the course modules, I am still kinda confused about the maths content in this course. Is it too mathematical? I didn't have maths in A levels
@Manchester Metropolitan University
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by NazifaNawer
I want to apply for a BA in economics at MMU. But after looking at the course modules, I am still kinda confused about the maths content in this course. Is it too mathematical? I didn't have maths in A levels
@Manchester Metropolitan University

Hi @NazifaNawer
It's great to hear that you're interested in studying at Manchester Met!

All students will apply directly to the BA (Hons) Economics. After studying BA (Hons) Economics in the first year, you can choose to continue on the BA (Hons) Economics, or transfer to BSc (Hons) Economics through the second and third year of study.

Transferring to BSc (Hons) Economics is subject to satisfactory progress and meeting the prerequisites set out for the core quantitative units on these programmes. Taking the BSc route would mean studying more maths content. There is no Maths A-level requirement for entry onto the course.

If you'd like to find out more about Man Met and meet our academics, you can register for one of our upcoming open days here.

I hope this helps!!
Chloe :smile:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Hi @NazifaNawer
It's great to hear that you're interested in studying at Manchester Met!

All students will apply directly to the BA (Hons) Economics. After studying BA (Hons) Economics in the first year, you can choose to continue on the BA (Hons) Economics, or transfer to BSc (Hons) Economics through the second and third year of study.

Transferring to BSc (Hons) Economics is subject to satisfactory progress and meeting the prerequisites set out for the core quantitative units on these programmes. Taking the BSc route would mean studying more maths content. There is no Maths A-level requirement for entry onto the course.

If you'd like to find out more about Man Met and meet our academics, you can register for one of our upcoming open days here.

I hope this helps!!
Chloe :smile:

Yes thank you for your reply! It's very helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending