The Student Room Group

A creative way to get closer to God and overcome jet lag at the same time

When you have to adjust to a new time zone, why not try using extra time to read the Bible and memorize verses? This is the best way to do so, especially when you need to be at work at your destination, as when we seek His kingdom first, what we need is added to us!

I will be trying this for my return flight after my study abroad program as I have to help with a major ccc event three days after landing. I depart in the evening for a 6 hour flight, a 4.5 hour stopover then another 8.5 hour flight, landing at my destination in the late evening. I will gain six hours due to the time difference.

In my case I would like to adjust that I can fit most of my sleep for the first flight. I will sleep one hour earlier and wake up one hour earlier each day for the 3-4 days before my flight, using the extra hours to study the word of God. Once I get off the first flight it will be time for breakfast at my destination, so I will have a meal upon arrival, then spend some time during the layover and the second flight to continue studying and memorizing the word of God. This makes me stay awake until I reach my destination, hopefully I will feel tired when I get off the second flight and can come with a good night's sleep.

I hope you all have a try, studying the word of God in the later hours before traveling west, or in the earlier hours before traveling east, to experience Matthew 6:33 in your travels!
Reply 1
imperial >>>
Reply 2
Original post by moosak_4
imperial >>>

Wdym

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending