The Student Room Group

Maths personal statement

Hi, I am applying to Oxford, Imperial, Warwick and for the last two universities, I still have not decided yet.

I am just quite worried about my personal statement. My personal statement is mostly finished but for the paragraph on my hobbies and what I do in my freetime, it is only about 45 words. Huge portion of my ps is about maths and I will exceed the word count if I were to expand on the paragraph on my hobbies.

Therefore, I was just wondering, will this affect my application?
Reply 1
The length of your hobbies and free time paragraph, as long as it is relevant and provides insight into your interests and character, should not significantly affect your application. Admissions officers are more interested in the quality and relevance of the content rather than its length.

I would say as long as you're including information that shows your passion for the subject and areas which a relevant to why you want to study the subject then you should be fine.
Reply 2
Original post by CompSciJP
The length of your hobbies and free time paragraph, as long as it is relevant and provides insight into your interests and character, should not significantly affect your application. Admissions officers are more interested in the quality and relevance of the content rather than its length.

I would say as long as you're including information that shows your passion for the subject and areas which a relevant to why you want to study the subject then you should be fine.

Ok, thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending