The Student Room Group

Second year uni student applying for internships!!

On the education sections how should I write my grades? I’ve put the uni in going to and then should I put on track for a first class? Since I’ve got 70% and above in first year?
Original post by Anonymous
On the education sections how should I write my grades? I’ve put the uni in going to and then should I put on track for a first class? Since I’ve got 70% and above in first year?

Hi!

Yes, that sounds right! When I was applying to placements, I put the uni, course and then the grade I was on track for. I also included the specific percentages of any modules that were relevant to the job.

I hope that helps, good luck with your internship applications! :smile:
Florence (Lancaster University student ambassador)
Reply 2
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi!

Yes, that sounds right! When I was applying to placements, I put the uni, course and then the grade I was on track for. I also included the specific percentages of any modules that were relevant to the job.

I hope that helps, good luck with your internship applications! :smile:
Florence (Lancaster University student ambassador)

Ahh okay thankyou! When u applied for internships what experiences did u write because I have nothing related to engineering itself, I can put experiences in lab projects during first year but other than that I don’t have much?
Ahh okay thankyou! When u applied for internships what experiences did u write because I have nothing related to engineering itself, I can put experiences in lab projects during first year but other than that I don’t have much?

Hi!

I'm just popping in to see if I can help with this question!
If you don't have enough relevant experience, a good thing to do is talk about other experiences and how they helped give you the skills they're looking for. For example, being a sports captain allowing you to get used to taking the initiative.

I hope this helps! :smile:

Estelle
Third Year Psychology Student
University of Huddersfield

Hi there,

Yes this kind of experience within a University setting would definitely count! This is part of the reason for University, to provide you with experience in a practical setting, so definitely include this!

Best of luck with your applications :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending