The Student Room Group

Student finance after dropping out of apprenticeship

Hi, I have completed 3 years out of a 6 year degree apprenticeship but am now thinking of dropping out. If I drop out now (without a qualification), will I be eligible for a student loan to undertake a 3 year BSc Economics degree?
Original post by jam22
Hi, I have completed 3 years out of a 6 year degree apprenticeship but am now thinking of dropping out. If I drop out now (without a qualification), will I be eligible for a student loan to undertake a 3 year BSc Economics degree?

Hi there,

Were you receive Advanced Learner Loan for the apprenticeship?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

Were you receive Advanced Learner Loan for the apprenticeship?

Thanks,
Claire

Hi Claire,

I did not receive the Advanced Learner Loan.
Original post by jam22
Hi Claire,

I did not receive the Advanced Learner Loan.

Did you receive funding from us for the apprenticeship course?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Did you receive funding from us for the apprenticeship course?

Thanks,
Claire

I did not. I believe it was through my employer through the apprenticeship levy?
Original post by undefined
I did not. I believe it was through my employer through the apprenticeship levy?

What nationality are you? Do you hold any qualifications currently? What university are you looking to study at?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 6
What nationality are you? Do you hold any qualifications currently? What university are you looking to study at?

Thanks,
Claire

I am English. I have A levels and I am looking to study at Newcastle University.
Hi jam22,

You mentioned in your initial message that this was a degree level, can you confirm what qualification you have obtained from your apprenticeship ?

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending