The Student Room Group

I need 71% overall in my third year to graduate with a safe 2.1

How can I ensure that I get a 71% this year to save my classification? I will need 71% for a 2.1 (safely) and 87.2% for a first.

I know that for a low first I just need to attend every class and do my homework + a bit extra but is the 87% possible? My parents are expecting a first. They’ll be disappointed with a 2.1 but it will be okay however because they paid for my degree they expect a first from me.

I know people do get 85-95% but it’s rare. I study International Relations. Has anyone achieved 90+ for similar social science degrees? It’s still the beginning of the year and I am due to go into week one next week so there is time to turn things around if I act now.
Original post by Sr777777
How can I ensure that I get a 71% this year to save my classification? I will need 71% for a 2.1 (safely) and 87.2% for a first.

I know that for a low first I just need to attend every class and do my homework + a bit extra but is the 87% possible? My parents are expecting a first. They’ll be disappointed with a 2.1 but it will be okay however because they paid for my degree they expect a first from me.

I know people do get 85-95% but it’s rare. I study International Relations. Has anyone achieved 90+ for similar social science degrees? It’s still the beginning of the year and I am due to go into week one next week so there is time to turn things around if I act now.

Averaging 87 sound completely unrealistic unless you are already top of your year and have been hitting that routinely for several years. That level of achievement is simply not something you can just turn on. Focus on a realistic goal instead.
As above, it’s uncommon to perform at that level and realistically impossible unless you’ve been doing it already.

I’d focus on a 2:1.
Original post by Sr777777

From one of your other posts I believe you are at Queen Mary. I believe that QMUL have an alternative classification method if you get within 1.5% of a higher boundary. If you also get half or more of your final year credits in the upper level, you will be upgraded. This makes your task a little easier. Check the regulations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending