The Student Room Group

What university did you get into with your access to HE course?

I'm doing an access course and was curious what universities people got into, and what credits did you get in your access course?
Hi,

I think your best bet is to contact some of the universities you are interested in, Alot of the time they look at experience, reason for applying and your qualifications. Also different unis have different criteria. It would probably be beneficial to visit some open days and you will be able to speak to some of the lecturers.

-Victoria
Wrexham Uni Rep
Reply 2
Hi Victoria,

Thanks for your reply, I'll certainly do that!
Reply 3
Original post by BusyBeeBen
I'm doing an access course and was curious what universities people got into, and what credits did you get in your access course?

Uni of Manchester for me, others on my course got into Bath, Bristol, Salford, ManMet, UofSheffield, Lancaster, and I know someone who went to Cambridge after an access course too. I think everyone got offers from almost every uni they applied to, I had max credits, and needed 135 I think.
Original post by ThisImp
Uni of Manchester for me, others on my course got into Bath, Bristol, Salford, ManMet, UofSheffield, Lancaster, and I know someone who went to Cambridge after an access course too. I think everyone got offers from almost every uni they applied to, I had max credits, and needed 135 I think.

If you don't mind me asking, what were the subjects and degrees in?
Reply 5
Original post by MindMax2000
If you don't mind me asking, what were the subjects and degrees in?

The social sciences pathway cohort i studied with (psych, sociology, criminology) have gone into social work, social policy, psychology/psychotherapy, occupational therapy, something to do with international politics/history, law, and international disaster management. Other pathways students I met at the end of course event went into a paramedical course, teaching, mechanical engineering, linguistics, nursing, midwifery.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending