The Student Room Group

What to do?

If your on a break with your boyfriend , should you delete the photos on your profile and take him out of your bio ? How does it work ?? T.I.A x
There's no correct answer. In my opinion you should just break up altogether. I don't understand the concept of taking a 'break' from your relationship, which usually implies that each of you is free to go & f*** other people. To me it's a load of bs. Either break up altogether, or relabel your relationship as an 'open relationship' (which I think are also normally bs, albeit less bs than taking a 'break').

If you don't have enough 'space' in your relationship and want more time to yourself, then you should be able to negotiate that together, instead of writing each other a free ticket to get laid with whomever they want.

TLDR: there are different 'levels' of bs in relationships.

Cheating is no. 1

Mate poaching is no. 2 (pursuing or hooking up with people who already are in relationships), although almost as bad as no. 1.

Taking a 'break' is no. 3

Open relationships & polyamory are no. 4

I won't elaborate why I think that. It's just my opinion, and it's what works for me because I like my life tidy, straightforward & with no drama. If you would like the same, then perhaps you'll take my advice.
Reply 2
Original post by Miaj_233
If your on a break with your boyfriend , should you delete the photos on your profile and take him out of your bio ? How does it work ?? T.I.A x

If your relationship is so poor you have to take a break, there are far more important things to be concerned with than whether you should delete some photos.

Forgot the trivial stuff and look at sorting things out with your boyfriend, one way or another. And as above, if you haven't got the personal skills to talk with each other and work it out, you might as well stay apart, permanently.
Reply 3
Taking a break is typically a way of fudging the end of a relationship that got more committed than it should and needs eased back out of. I think the etiquette would be you don’t delete the photos immediately

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending