The Student Room Group

Top Tips for Open Days

Hi guys, as the open day season begins I wanted to share some of my top tips with you all here. As someone who went to A LOT of open days and moved away from home for University. Here's how I think you can get the most from your open day.

1. Visit the campus and the facilities they have on offer- get a good feel for the campus and think is this somewhere where you can see yourself? As well as this do they have good facilities that cater to the courses that you're thinking about.

2. Speak to the academics and students in the University- Many subjects run little taster sessions for the courses, this is SUPER useful as it gives you some insight into what you may be studying as well as giving you an opportunity to ask questions about the course that may not be available online.

3. Attend Welcome talks/lectures- I know for myself when I was thinking about moving away for university I had lots of questions about accommodation, bus routes to get around, what clubs and societies were offered and support that is available when doing assessments.

I hope this helps!

Sasha, Graduate Advocate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending