The Student Room Group

Adult nursing undergraduate dissertation topic

I’m a year 3 student, and having to change my dissertation topic due to finding a very similar systematic review already published.

I am hoping to do a topic linked to gp nursing/primary care as that is where I am hoping to work! Has anyone any ideas of primary care topics that are well researched?

I thought of maybe doing attitudes towards smoking cessation health promotion or something around women’s health such as cervical screening as I’m very interested in this area, but struggling to think of a specific question!
Original post by Kayleighx02
I’m a year 3 student, and having to change my dissertation topic due to finding a very similar systematic review already published.

I am hoping to do a topic linked to gp nursing/primary care as that is where I am hoping to work! Has anyone any ideas of primary care topics that are well researched?

I thought of maybe doing attitudes towards smoking cessation health promotion or something around women’s health such as cervical screening as I’m very interested in this area, but struggling to think of a specific question!

Yes you have done the correct thing by changing your dissertation because you might have been accessed of cheating if someone else had already submitted what you have written.

I would probably say that you pick a particular area in nursing and do research on it and then put your own words into action about it.
It's not something easy to write about as you will have a certain amount of words to work with and you want to make sure you use majority of these up.

I wouldn't disclose what subject you are thinking about doing for your dissertation online.
Did you enjoy certain placements and if so perhaps write something up about that.

I enjoyed two of my adult nursing placements more than the rest of them and I chose to do something about both of these plus add some personal information in and I got a very high mark for it.

Best of luck with this.

A recent newly qualified adult nurse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending