The Student Room Group

Failed UCAT. What to do?

Hello all
A friend of mine SAT for UCAT and failed (got Band 4 in SJT). Total mark of 2450. She has fantastic result in GCSC ( 9s and 8s) Now she has registered for BMAT. Which will take place in 2 to 3 weeks time. The question is BMAT result will not be released until November, what of if she fails BMAT? what are the chances of her getting to study another course to study in the UNI for 2024 entry. Can someone include other courses apart from medicine in the UCAS application? Also if she fall BMAT, She is planning to resit the UCAT again next year.

Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Jasmo
Hello all
A friend of mine SAT for UCAT and failed (got Band 4 in SJT). Total mark of 2450. She has fantastic result in GCSC ( 9s and 8s) Now she has registered for BMAT. Which will take place in 2 to 3 weeks time. The question is BMAT result will not be released until November, what of if she fails BMAT? what are the chances of her getting to study another course to study in the UNI for 2024 entry. Can someone include other courses apart from medicine in the UCAS application? Also if she fall BMAT, She is planning to resit the UCAT again next year.

Thank you

They’ve little choice other than to go with maximum effort with the BMAT revision and choose 4 BMAT universities. For the few UCAT unis that don’t auto reject band 4’s the score of 2450 is likely to be too low to be competitive.

Your 5th choice has to be a non medicine course, but you can put between 1-4 medicine courses on your UCAT form if you wish. They may as well max out the 4 if they really want to do medicine though.
Reply 2
Original post by Laycity
They’ve little choice other than to go with maximum effort with the BMAT revision and choose 4 BMAT universities. For the few UCAT unis that don’t auto reject band 4’s the score of 2450 is likely to be too low to be competitive.

Your 5th choice has to be a non medicine course, but you can put between 1-4 medicine courses on your UCAT form if you wish. They may as well max out the 4 if they really want to do medicine though.

I got 2610 and band 4 is it possible to get into these below mentioned universities?
Uni of Plymouth
Uni of Birmingham
Newcastle Uni
Queens Uni Belfast

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending