The Student Room Group

Moving out - muslim

Hi, I'm almost 20, attending online uni (out of choice. My mom had no issue with me attending on campus if I wanted to) and I feel stifled in my own home. It's just me and my mom and I'm a loner by nature. I want a place of my own, but the problem is I don't have a job (trying to find) and as Muslims and Asians, my mother doesn't feel its wise to let me love alone for safety reasons, which I totally get. But how can I convince her to let me go? Ps the Standard "I'm 20,i need my independence" argument won't work here, trust me.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I'm almost 20, attending online uni (out of choice. My mom had no issue with me attending on campus if I wanted to) and I feel stifled in my own home. It's just me and my mom and I'm a loner by nature. I want a place of my own, but the problem is I don't have a job (trying to find) and as Muslims and Asians, my mother doesn't feel its wise to let me love alone for safety reasons, which I totally get. But how can I convince her to let me go? Ps the Standard "I'm 20,i need my independence" argument won't work here, trust me.

*live, not 'love'
Original post by Anonymous

Honestly regardless of whether you're Muslim or not, or even the safety thing; you're still really young and staying at home will be financially beneficial for you and you won't have to deal with the stress of getting all the additional chores done like cooking, cleaning and laundry done all by yourself, which could affect your studies. There are so many things to also consider when moving out and the place you are moving to - but that's a separate conversation. The best thing to do for now is to get a job and start saving up to move out later down the line, if you move out now it's going to be stressful due to all the reasons I mentioned previously and whatever finances you do currently have will get exhausted rather quickly. In future you could try moving out for reasons such as getting a job in a different city e.g. career prospects, studying further and also wanting to start building a life for yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending