The Student Room Group

EPQ

I’ve chosen my title as “is chemotherapy the best treatment for lung cancer” which has been done before as for an EPQ. Will I get disqualified for this? Im planning to look at different treatments and compare it to chemotherapy, which is what has been done for the person who also did this topic as well. I’m planning to do this from my own research and resources, not copying word for word or copying how it has been worded at all. The content of information would be quite similar as well since it’s the same topic. Is this ok to do? Since we’re doing the same topic we would be discussing similar things, but I’ve decided to look at another future treatment as well and would be using my own resources and interpretations, as well as talking to an expert about the oncology field which I will do in my work experience at hospital
Original post by imbambob
I’ve chosen my title as “is chemotherapy the best treatment for lung cancer” which has been done before as for an EPQ. Will I get disqualified for this? Im planning to look at different treatments and compare it to chemotherapy, which is what has been done for the person who also did this topic as well. I’m planning to do this from my own research and resources, not copying word for word or copying how it has been worded at all. The content of information would be quite similar as well since it’s the same topic. Is this ok to do? Since we’re doing the same topic we would be discussing similar things, but I’ve decided to look at another future treatment as well and would be using my own resources and interpretations, as well as talking to an expert about the oncology field which I will do in my work experience at hospital

Of course you won’t be disqualified. I did an almost identical question to someone at my school and our essay content was similar too. I even used some of her resources for my initial research. Like you, I decided to explore future alternatives within my topic and used a more current case study for my essay. She did her EPQ just 2 years ago.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending