The Student Room Group

Online Physics Aptitude Test

I know that this year will be the very first year of online PAT. However, it is fairly obvious that most physics and maths exams have free-response questions. In fact, every past PAT paper I checked was paper-based and had free-response questions where you could show work and take partial credit. It included graph drawing, doing long calculations, and working out a problem, so when it was paper-based, you could show your work. ı was wondering what it will be like when it is online. I searched Oxford's site where I recognized it said "hybrid" test. What exactly does that mean? How will we show the answers to long questions that require working out online on the computer? Online PAT does not mean there won't be partial grades, right? Lastly, how does the hybrid system work in detail? Thank you in advance for your help, I really need this information.
Reply 1
The hybrid format basically means that the questions will be displayed online, however you will be given a paper copy of an answer booklet to show all of your workings and answers. I'm almost 100% sure that they would not remove the partial marks, as that would provide no benefit.
the type of test is probs the same, what HMatt said tho is right in sha Allah
but usign the online claculator is something u need to worry about....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending