The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2520
I'm assuming you did Edexcel Unit 4 on Friday? You only need 40/60 raw marks to an A on that paper, so you WILL be fine! :smile: :smile: And didn't you say the Unit 6 went really well? :smile: That's worth 120 UMS as opposed to the 90 for Unit 4...so you'll be fine.
Reply 2521
Um, just to make things clear, you don't necessarily need 40/60 raw marks. The boundaries change from year to year. You can get a reasonable idea from looking at past examiners' reports of what it will be, but you can't know precisely.
minimo
I'm assuming you did Edexcel Unit 4 on Friday? You only need 40/60 raw marks to an A on that paper, so you WILL be fine! :smile: :smile: And didn't you say the Unit 6 went really well? :smile: That's worth 120 UMS as opposed to the 90 for Unit 4...so you'll be fine.

Nah, it's OCR, the 120 mark unit. I feel as though I did well on the 90 mark unit though, but still, my history record since GCSE is far from impressive, and my teacher doesn't seem to have a clue with my coursework. She told me; 'well, it looks like an A/B but last year, I told someone who did the same question as you that they were getting an A, and they got a D, and I told a boy he was looking at a C, and he got full marks...'. So generally, I don't have a lot of confidence in it.
Reply 2523
crana9
Of course I know Worksop. Visesh & I live in sunny Mansfield so not far from you at all.

sunny my arse
Reply 2524
visesh
sunny my arse

Where is Raph when you need him? :rolleyes:

Will not try to fill the void <no Claryesque pun intended :eek: >
visesh
sunny my arse

It's sunny today. Unless there are storm clouds down the road...
Reply 2526
visesh
sunny my arse

well.. there's lots of stabbings and skag and sex-with-relatives, and other things that begin with S. Close enough.
visesh
sunny my arse

where the grass is full of needles and the girls are pregnant...
Reply 2528
Charlottie
It's sunny today. Unless there are storm clouds down the road...

umm, well, i just woke up:redface:
Reply 2529
crana9
Um, just to make things clear, you don't necessarily need 40/60 raw marks. The boundaries change from year to year. You can get a reasonable idea from looking at past examiners' reports of what it will be, but you can't know precisely.

As far as I know its fluctuated between 37/38 and 43/44 in recent years, so I took a rough mean.
Reply 2530
Still jet-lagged visesh? :biggrin:
Reply 2531
minimo
Still jet-lagged visesh? :biggrin:

jet lagged, bored and depressed:biggrin:

and slightly hungover.

the best combination for deep sleep:wink:
Reply 2532
Why depressed, you don't have exams, think how WE feel! :frown:
Reply 2533
minimo
As far as I know its fluctuated between 37/38 and 43/44 in recent years, so I took a rough mean.

Yeah, I'm not saying that's not roughly what it'll be, I'm just saying that you can't know exactly what it is at the moment, to clarify what you said a little.
Reply 2534
Oh OK. :smile: I was trying to clarify myself a bit too, but seeing as she doesn't do Edexcel, it doesn't matter!
Reply 2535
minimo
Why depressed, you don't have exams, think how WE feel! :frown:

YOU feel active, as you have *something* to do:wink:
I don't. Well, technically, I could revise for further maths. But it's pointless and is likely to give me a headache, so I won't, and thus I am bored and sat in front of a computer.
Reply 2537
visesh
YOU feel active, as you have *something* to do:wink:

arrange somethng to do then, fool
Reply 2538
crana9
arrange somethng to do then, fool

But I am barely awake long enough to:p:
Reply 2539
Oh its bliss, exams :rolleyes:

I have a random question. In general were all you guys who have already met Cambridg offers/are already studying there really confident about getting your grades, or did you still have a niggling little feeling in the pit of your stomach: "what if..." (Even if you had a decent leeway at AS?)

Latest

Trending

Trending