The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Amoir Amy
Hey. New to this forum so haven't read any of the posts yet - would take aaaages. Anyway, I'm Amy and I'll be going to King's to do Classics (4-year). If anyone else is going to King's or doing my course, would be cool to say hey. Hope everyone's having a wicked summer! :smile:

Greetings!

I considered providing a brief synopsis of everything we have said here but then I realised that I didn't really understand half of it either and the other half was exceptionally rude or exceptionally random. You'll get used to it. :biggrin:
Reply 3421
I hope I wasn't involved with the rude and/or random bits.

:flute:
visesh
I hope I wasn't involved with the rude and/or random bits.

:flute:

almost all
Reply 3423
platinumki
I know - we will never be able to admit we know each other :biggrin:

Who are you?
Reply 3424
um, a bit late, but i'm new to this site. hey to everyone, especially if ur going to robinson, or doing medicine.
salli_86
um, a bit late, but i'm new to this site. hey to everyone, especially if ur going to robinson, or doing medicine.

Not going to Robinson.

Not a medic.

But hi anyway!
I think I read somewhere that you're going to King's? Have you been sent a freshers pack yet, coz all I got was some crappy letter from the tutors. Beginning to worry that they're not gonna send me one. Gah. :frown:
Reply 3427
Amoir Amy
I think I read somewhere that you're going to King's? Have you been sent a freshers pack yet, coz all I got was some crappy letter from the tutors. Beginning to worry that they're not gonna send me one. Gah. :frown:

I got the same from King's...
What subject are you doing? I have to go up a week early apparantly, for a week of 'language learning'. Mmmm fun. What are the rooms in King's like? They put me in some weird guest room during the interviews so I have no idea. I might ring up and demand a decent freshers pack actually... :rolleyes:
Reply 3429
Amoir Amy
What subject are you doing? I have to go up a week early apparantly, for a week of 'language learning'. Mmmm fun. What are the rooms in King's like? They put me in some weird guest room during the interviews so I have no idea. I might ring up and demand a decent freshers pack actually... :rolleyes:

He's doing Medicine. Although I don't think he's at Cambridge yet cus of gap year but lol if I'm wrong he'll correct me I'm sure!
Reply 3430
Hello Iris!:hugs:
visesh
I got the same from King's...

and me
Right, Vanessa told me I'd have to do a proper intro a while back. Since I'm safe and in, I can do it without the fear of tempting providence :smile:

I'm Rhian (in case ya didn't know), but my friends call me Rhi, generally. I'm also known affectionately as 'Mouse' to some, because I'm horribly shy and quite timid. I'm doing History at Tit Hall (but you all knew that too)...

Other than History (which I won't gush about and bore you with), my passion is music. I play oboe and piano, and can apparently sing a bit (I have a piece of paper to prove this). I sang alto in the school choir (although I'm technically a soprano) because it was more interesting (stupid sopranos sing the tune, and I like harmony...:p:), and play in loads of orchestras and windbands (I guess that should be, played, now, though I still have one of each left)...I had an audition for the NYOW last October but I chickened out, so we'll never know...am currently looking for an oboe teacher in Cambridge. I was never allowed to play in the jazz band, because oboes don't swing, apparently. :frown: I also love composing ridiculously large scale things for orchestra, or unusual combinations of instruments...

Of course, I listen to the stuff too (heh)...Currently am loving Tchaikovsky and Dvorak, though I also love Samuel Barber's "Canzonetta" which is fiendish but beautiful...I fear I'm going into stupid musician territory here so I'll stop. I like lots of different types of music ranging from the vaguely known to the obscure and from the old and sad stuff to the young and hip *i does macarena* :smile:

I'm also a secret science geek, but the less said about my love of physics, the better. Suffice to say I got my head around the concept of gravitational fields by figuring out my weight in Newtons and moving myself from infinity to a fixed distance from the earth (okay, not literally)...but twas fun...wooo!

Erm, yeah. If I think of anything remotely less embarassing that I could potentially redeem myself with, I'll let you know :p:
I'm sure I can think of lots of VERY embarassing things which might redeem you?

PS Boo! Down with Tchaikovsky!
Reply 3434
coldfish

:eek:

Heathen!!!
xx_ambellina_xx
Of course, I listen to the stuff too (heh)...Currently am loving Tchaikovsky and Dvorak, though I also love Samuel Barber's "Canzonetta" which is fiendish but beautiful...I fear I'm going into stupid musician territory here so I'll stop. I like lots of different types of music ranging from the vaguely known to the obscure and from the old and sad stuff to the young and hip *i does macarena* :smile:

[geeky]Dude, Dvorak is a type of keyboard and you listen to that?

Tchaikovsky is cool!
Did you apply for an instrumental award, Rhi?
Camford
Tchaikovsky is cool!

Tchaikovsky - Tweeness + greatness = Rachmaninov.

*nods wisely*
coldfish

Nasty pasty.
platinumki
Did you apply for an instrumental award, Rhi?

Did, yes...but have experienced some problems with my instrument...(I've had 5 in a year due to a manufacturing fault...) and only just got one where the wood doesn't split, which meant I couldn't sit my grade 8, which meant I wasn't qualified. They kept phoning me to ask me to audition anyway (eeek!), but I had a bit of a confidence crisis in my playing, due to aforementioned problems. Now, I have no teacher since mine appears to have disappeared off the face of the earth. So um yeah...

Latest

Trending

Trending