New Cambridge students October 2005: let's get to know each other! Watch

platinumki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Amoir Amy)
Hey. New to this forum so haven't read any of the posts yet - would take aaaages. Anyway, I'm Amy and I'll be going to King's to do Classics (4-year). If anyone else is going to King's or doing my course, would be cool to say hey. Hope everyone's having a wicked summer!
Greetings!

I considered providing a brief synopsis of everything we have said here but then I realised that I didn't really understand half of it either and the other half was exceptionally rude or exceptionally random. You'll get used to it.
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I hope I wasn't involved with the rude and/or random bits.

:flute:
platinumki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
I hope I wasn't involved with the rude and/or random bits.

:flute:
almost all
Wasp39
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by platinumki)
I know - we will never be able to admit we know each other
Who are you?
salli_86
Report 14 years ago
um, a bit late, but i'm new to this site. hey to everyone, especially if ur going to robinson, or doing medicine.
themodernway
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by salli_86)
um, a bit late, but i'm new to this site. hey to everyone, especially if ur going to robinson, or doing medicine.
Not going to Robinson.

Not a medic.

But hi anyway!
Amoir Amy
Report 14 years ago
I think I read somewhere that you're going to King's? Have you been sent a freshers pack yet, coz all I got was some crappy letter from the tutors. Beginning to worry that they're not gonna send me one. Gah.
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think I read somewhere that you're going to King's? Have you been sent a freshers pack yet, coz all I got was some crappy letter from the tutors. Beginning to worry that they're not gonna send me one. Gah.
I got the same from King's...
Amoir Amy
Report 14 years ago
What subject are you doing? I have to go up a week early apparantly, for a week of 'language learning'. Mmmm fun. What are the rooms in King's like? They put me in some weird guest room during the interviews so I have no idea. I might ring up and demand a decent freshers pack actually... :rolleyes:
khil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What subject are you doing? I have to go up a week early apparantly, for a week of 'language learning'. Mmmm fun. What are the rooms in King's like? They put me in some weird guest room during the interviews so I have no idea. I might ring up and demand a decent freshers pack actually... :rolleyes:
He's doing Medicine. Although I don't think he's at Cambridge yet cus of gap year but lol if I'm wrong he'll correct me I'm sure!
minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hello Iris!:hugs:
themodernway
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
I got the same from King's...
and me
xx_ambellina_xx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Right, Vanessa told me I'd have to do a proper intro a while back. Since I'm safe and in, I can do it without the fear of tempting providence

I'm Rhian (in case ya didn't know), but my friends call me Rhi, generally. I'm also known affectionately as 'Mouse' to some, because I'm horribly shy and quite timid. I'm doing History at Tit Hall (but you all knew that too)...

Other than History (which I won't gush about and bore you with), my passion is music. I play oboe and piano, and can apparently sing a bit (I have a piece of paper to prove this). I sang alto in the school choir (although I'm technically a soprano) because it was more interesting (stupid sopranos sing the tune, and I like harmony...:p:), and play in loads of orchestras and windbands (I guess that should be, played, now, though I still have one of each left)...I had an audition for the NYOW last October but I chickened out, so we'll never know...am currently looking for an oboe teacher in Cambridge. I was never allowed to play in the jazz band, because oboes don't swing, apparently. I also love composing ridiculously large scale things for orchestra, or unusual combinations of instruments...

Of course, I listen to the stuff too (heh)...Currently am loving Tchaikovsky and Dvorak, though I also love Samuel Barber's "Canzonetta" which is fiendish but beautiful...I fear I'm going into stupid musician territory here so I'll stop. I like lots of different types of music ranging from the vaguely known to the obscure and from the old and sad stuff to the young and hip *i does macarena*

I'm also a secret science geek, but the less said about my love of physics, the better. Suffice to say I got my head around the concept of gravitational fields by figuring out my weight in Newtons and moving myself from infinity to a fixed distance from the earth (okay, not literally)...but twas fun...wooo!

Erm, yeah. If I think of anything remotely less embarassing that I could potentially redeem myself with, I'll let you know :p:
coldfish
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm sure I can think of lots of VERY embarassing things which might redeem you?

PS Boo! Down with Tchaikovsky!
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by coldfish)

:eek:

Heathen!!!
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by xx_ambellina_xx)
Of course, I listen to the stuff too (heh)...Currently am loving Tchaikovsky and Dvorak, though I also love Samuel Barber's "Canzonetta" which is fiendish but beautiful...I fear I'm going into stupid musician territory here so I'll stop. I like lots of different types of music ranging from the vaguely known to the obscure and from the old and sad stuff to the young and hip *i does macarena*
[geeky]Dude, Dvorak is a type of keyboard and you listen to that?[/geek]

Tchaikovsky is cool!
platinumki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Did you apply for an instrumental award, Rhi?
coldfish
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
Tchaikovsky is cool!
Tchaikovsky - Tweeness + greatness = Rachmaninov.

*nods wisely*
xx_ambellina_xx
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by coldfish)

Nasty pasty.
xx_ambellina_xx
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by platinumki)
Did you apply for an instrumental award, Rhi?
Did, yes...but have experienced some problems with my instrument...(I've had 5 in a year due to a manufacturing fault...) and only just got one where the wood doesn't split, which meant I couldn't sit my grade 8, which meant I wasn't qualified. They kept phoning me to ask me to audition anyway (eeek!), but I had a bit of a confidence crisis in my playing, due to aforementioned problems. Now, I have no teacher since mine appears to have disappeared off the face of the earth. So um yeah...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads