The Student Room Group

Sole trader

My son is 16 years old in college sitting a plumbing course and wants to regester as a sole trader would he pay to pay for his college course then
Reply 1
I don't think so, as education continues to be government funded until you are 18, and he will still officially be in full time education until then. His work will be in addition to his full time education. Just be sure that he takes out appropriate insurance, and doesn't attempt to do any work that he is not trained and certified to do. He should look to get some work experience with a reputable company where he can build his experience and still work on a self employed basis.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by JohnB1
I don't think so, as education continues to be government funded until you are 18, and he will still officially be in full time education until then. His work will be in addition to his full time education. Just be sure that he takes out appropriate insurance, and doesn't attempt to do any work that he is not trained and certified to do. He should look to get some work experience with a reputable company where he can build his experience and still work on a self employed basis.

Thank you ive 23 years experience and plumbing and drainage so would be going out with him and watching over him just wasn't sure about the college and educational side

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending