The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh University entry requirements

I have a friend who has is wanting to go to Edinburgh and has got AAABB At higher in S5, The A's in English, Bio, Spanish and the B's in Chemistry and Maths and is currently AH Spanish & Bio as well as H Geo and Scottish Baccalaureate (equivalent to a Scottish Higher).

It has the entry requirements listed as BBBB by end of S5, would you say she has a good chance of getting in? She doesn't have any work experience for that in particular but has good extra curriculars.

I know no one would really be able to give such a good answer but I am curious, thanks.
Original post by sonnemo246
I have a friend who has is wanting to go to Edinburgh and has got AAABB At higher in S5, The A's in English, Bio, Spanish and the B's in Chemistry and Maths and is currently AH Spanish & Bio as well as H Geo and Scottish Baccalaureate (equivalent to a Scottish Higher).

It has the entry requirements listed as BBBB by end of S5, would you say she has a good chance of getting in? She doesn't have any work experience for that in particular but has good extra curriculars.

I know no one would really be able to give such a good answer but I am curious, thanks.

Hello, the entry requirements for Edinburgh tend to not really be accurate, however she should check the widening access page, where if she does qualify for flag she is very likely to get an offer with those grades and if flag plus she’s basically guaranteed it.
https://admission-checker.is.ed.ac.uk/
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by JustBenjamin
Hello, the entry requirements for Edinburgh tend to not really be accurate, however she should check the widening access page, where if she does qualify for flag she is very likely to get an offer with those grades and if flag plus she’s basically guaranteed it.
https://admission-checker.is.ed.ac.uk/

Thanks for that info man, she doesn't qualify cos she goes to a private school and has a good postcode, but i knew a guy last year who didnt have such good grades get into mechanical engineering having gone to the same school and a similar postcode so do u think theres a chance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending