The Student Room Group

Bursary for resitting the first PGCE placement

Hi guys,

Hope all is well.

I am currently attending my first PGCE placement, teaching Computer Science, and I really struggle with the classroom behaviour management to the point I am worried that because of this I may not be able to pass my first placement, so I want to know what my options are if the worst case scenario manifests intself.

I have read that usually the uni provider offers you to either withdraw from the course or resit the placement. In such a case, I would rather resit the placement, potentially at a different school that has a better behaved pupils, but I am worried whether I will be able to afford a resit, hence why I want to ask the following 2 questions:

1. If I have to resit my first placement, do I continue to receive my bursary for it so I can keep paying for tuition fees, rent, transportation, food etc or am I expected to find the money from somewhere else?

2. If I have to resit my first placement, do I have to pay extra tuition fees to the university? I have chosen not to take a student loan and I am using my bursary to pay for my tuition fees, so if I have to pay extra tuition fees for a placement resit, that would really stretch me financially.

I hope they would still pass me to my second placement, despite my struggles with the pupils' low level disruption, but I still rather know in advance what my options are, in case they don't.

Thank you in advance for your help and have a great day 😊.

Kind regards,
Emona
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending