The Student Room Group

Making a fool out of myself in-front of a friend

Okay so this is going to sound really quite weird and whatever but just hear me out

Yesterday I done something embarrassing whilst out (not going into detail) but my friend saw it as apparently he drove past me whilst I was out and said to me about it earlier on. I feel so foolish now considering he saw it especially and I don’t know how to just forget about it.

The reason I’m probably making such a big deal of this is because this is someone who I’ve been friends with for years (since we were both young in school) and tbh I wasn’t the most mature growing up and done some really daft s**t as you do when you’re a teen I suppose. Thing is I became really close to him specially in the last few years so he always kinda knew about these things and saw certain things happen as well.

I want to add that we’re both adults now and have left school so we never acc see each other but we keep in touch quite a lot. I think a lot of this is down to major insecurity and my own self esteem. The point I was trying to make was due to all these daft things I kind of wanted to present myself as more mature and smart now that I’ve grown up. I wanted to try and avoid doing dumb and awkward stuff at least especially in front of certain people and now it just feels like I can’t cause now I’ve made a fool of myself again.

One word that I really dislike is awkward and I hate it when people call me that or say something I’ve done is awkward because it just reminds me of being at school and mucking up in-front of people and it really destroyed my self esteem because I just felt so stupid. That’s how I feel now.
Reply 1
Original post by 哪壶不开提哪壶
If you can’t make a fool out of yourself in front of your friend then they ain’t friends .

ditch them and get some actually friends

Nah I mean he’s a really good friend tbh, I’m just getting to a point where I’m that insecure I acc feel the same way around all of my friends. I just mentioned him specifically because he was there when it happened

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending