The Student Room Group

applying to jobs that require 2:1/2:2 with a 3rd.

Do you think it's a waste of time applying for jobs that require 2:1/2:2 with a 3rd class in chemistry at a RG uni?
Reply 1
Original post by Labib98
Do you think it's a waste of time applying for jobs that require 2:1/2:2 with a 3rd class in chemistry at a RG uni?

Yes, in the majority of situations recruiters will screen you out automatically, and being from a RG does not generally matter outside of TSR.
Despite what I said, you wont lose much by applying and if there are not enough suitable candidates you might get considered.

Good luck,

Greg
Original post by Labib98

Given how competitive graduate jobs are, I would be inclined to agree with the above poster. The one exception is if you've done a s*** hot final year project, that was directly relevant to the proposed work / role (although if that did happen, how did you end up with a 3rd?). If you were to do that, you'd be best off trying to approach the recruitment officers personally and discuss it with them (sometimes this helps, but there are no guarantees).

However, realistically... I think your best option would be to take another year and do a masters of some description (N.B. It may or may not be relevant to your degree or chosen career), but either way, it'll mask / supersede your 3rd class classification.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending