The Student Room Group

3rd year radiography student

Hi
Got 2 results for 3rd year so far - 62 & recieved a 50 today which I was really disappointed with. Got 2 modules left do do. Hoping to bump up my grades to get an overall 2/1 however if this doesn’t happen, how do employers view a 2/2? Do employers care about degree classification in radiography? I’m really worried now that I had this unexpected result as I thought it went really well.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi
Got 2 results for 3rd year so far - 62 & recieved a 50 today which I was really disappointed with. Got 2 modules left do do. Hoping to bump up my grades to get an overall 2/1 however if this doesn’t happen, how do employers view a 2/2? Do employers care about degree classification in radiography? I’m really worried now that I had this unexpected result as I thought it went really well.

Having had a quick look at the NHS jobs search site, I haven't seen any ads requesting a specific degree classification for band 5 radiographers. Bear in mind that qualified radiographers are in short supply so if you do get 2:2 it won't be an issue. Keep working hard on your remaining modules :smile:

https://www.nhsjobs.com/job_search/s4?_ts=1
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi

Hi this might be a long shot but I’m a student finishing my GCSEs who’s super interested in radiography and the medial field in general, however I only took single award science not expecting to enjoy it as much as I have and now I am unable to choose a science for my Alevels in September. Would you happen to know anyway I could get around this that would enable me to pursue radiology in later education? Thanks!
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi this might be a long shot but I’m a student finishing my GCSEs who’s super interested in radiography and the medial field in general, however I only took single award science not expecting to enjoy it as much as I have and now I am unable to choose a science for my Alevels in September. Would you happen to know anyway I could get around this that would enable me to pursue radiology in later education? Thanks!
On my university enrolment it states that you need to achieve grade C or above in A level Biology/Physics/Chemistry to qualify. Perhaps partake in a college a level science after you have finished?
Original post by Anonymous

Are BTECs an option for you? For example, Liverpool will accept a BTEC National Extended Diploma in either Applied Science/ Medical Science or Health and Social Care at DDD. A BTEC National Extended Diploma is the equivalent of three A levels.

https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/courses/2024/diagnostic-radiography-bsc-hons#entry-requirements
Reply 5
Original post by normaw

Are BTECs an option for you? For example, Liverpool will accept a BTEC National Extended Diploma in either Applied Science/ Medical Science or Health and Social Care at DDD. A BTEC National Extended Diploma is the equivalent of three A levels.

https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/courses/2024/diagnostic-radiography-bsc-hons#entry-requirements

Thank you so much! I’ll be sure to look into this :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending