The Student Room Logo

PhD in the UK and Scholarship

Hi I am an international student in the US.
I currently finished my dual-degree BA in Political Science, Economics, and Data Science and MA in international political economics.
But the problem is, my undergraduate GPA is not 2:1 if converted. My undergrad GPA is 3.26 and My master's GPA is 3.87. During my BA and MA, I was a research assistant and teaching assistant. Such experiences can give me an opportunity to have PhD scholarship in the UK, or does it really matter to drop me off any opportunities, because I could not have 2:1 at the undergraduate level?
Reply 1
You really need a first for funding, never mind a 2i. With that said, your Master's is a lot better and might provide mitigation.

I am nevertheless almost certain you'd lose out to candidates with better academics.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply