The Student Room Group

Job Interviews

I just found out that i’ve been invited to a job interview, it’s only at boots as i’m just looking for some money to have for myself however it is a group interview which i have never even heard of before let alone attended so i was just curious if anyone had any tips or advice for me ?
Original post by ellafaulkner07
I just found out that i’ve been invited to a job interview, it’s only at boots as i’m just looking for some money to have for myself however it is a group interview which i have never even heard of before let alone attended so i was just curious if anyone had any tips or advice for me ?

Hi @ellafaulkner07,

Group interviews tend to be more unique and oftentimes can be a bit more intimidating than traditional interviews, but with sufficient prep I'm sure you'll get by fine. It's important you dress appropriately, and when in doubt, it's better to overdress than underdress. Demonstrate active listening I believe would be particularly crucial as it shows to the interviewers that even prior to you beginning your job, you are capable of collaborating in group settings.

Be prepared to give specific examples of instances where you have demonstrated teamwork, leadership that will help support your answers. This helps you stand out and validate your qualifications. And at the same time, prepare some questions for the interviewers as well, this shows that you have genuine passion and interest towards the role.

Lastly, be confident, be self-assured in your abilities, but avoid dominating and controlling the conversation. Maintain your body language and eye contact, this helps convey confidence and professionalism.

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending