The Student Room Group

Any point of getting into a relationship in year13?

Is there any point getting into a relationship in year 13 seeing as people are going to part ways to go to university, apprenticeships etc. I understand if people continue it if they go to the same university or if they've already been strongly together for like 2 years.
If you got into a relationship in year13 and went separate ways of university, how do you trust them enough to not cheat or smt u know?
Only saying this bc i like a guy and if we went out, i would crumble if we broke up bc of university stuff.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
Is there any point getting into a relationship in year 13 seeing as people are going to part ways to go to university, apprenticeships etc. I understand if people continue it if they go to the same university or if they've already been strongly together for like 2 years.
If you got into a relationship in year13 and went separate ways of university, how do you trust them enough to not cheat or smt u know?
Only saying this bc i like a guy and if we went out, i would crumble if we broke up bc of university stuff.

Two of my friends both started relationships in Year 13 and are still together many years later. in both couples only one of them went to university but they did not break up.
Reply 2
Why do you think a relationship is any stronger when 2 people go to the same uni rather than different ones? There's still the option to split up or cheat; remember, that happens when people are married and living together, and with children.

What would happen if you were in a relationship where one of you travelled a lot with their job, would you crumble if you broke up because of work stuff?

I'm just saying there is no perfect time to get into a relationship or situation where you can guarantee someone won't end things. Sometimes you just have to go with it. I'm in an LDR, have been for a long time, and at one point we had a whole year apart. Still together!
Reply 3
There are plenty of people who have their first serious relationship in year 13. A lot of those relationships break down, be it for university or other reasons. However that is not a reason to not have your first relationship if you meet the right person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending