The Student Room Group

A level geography

Hi,

I am in year 12 and have started a level geography, I am getting on fine with most things except for the 6 markers! I keep on getting them wrong especially for the physical geography ones, I just can't analyse the sources and I don't really understand them.

Im doing AQA and any tips you guys have? I havent done A level geography so that's another reason why I'm probably struggling
Original post by Jakeclarke
Hi,

I am in year 12 and have started a level geography, I am getting on fine with most things except for the 6 markers! I keep on getting them wrong especially for the physical geography ones, I just can't analyse the sources and I don't really understand them.

Im doing AQA and any tips you guys have? I havent done A level geography so that's another reason why I'm probably struggling

For analyse 6 markers you want to say what you see and make comparisons if there is more than one figure. DO NOT TRY AND EXPLAIN WHAT IS HAPPENING! It won't gain you marks. I wouldn't worry too much about not doing GCSE geography, there is quite a lot of difference between the two anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
For analyse 6 markers you want to say what you see and make comparisons if there is more than one figure. DO NOT TRY AND EXPLAIN WHAT IS HAPPENING! It won't gain you marks. I wouldn't worry too much about not doing GCSE geography, there is quite a lot of difference between the two anyway.

my main problem is that I can barely pick out anything from the sources, would you say that just needs practise? you know any websites or YouTube channels that are good for this
Original post by Jakeclarke
my main problem is that I can barely pick out anything from the sources, would you say that just needs practise? you know any websites or YouTube channels that are good for this

Say what you see, even if it feels if you are stating the obvious. I don't know any YouTube channels but that isn't a way I really learn or revise. I would have a look at some mark schemes and see what kind of stuff they are looking for.

Quick Reply

Latest