The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Computer Science Bsc G402 Modules

Hi,

I'm confused about the modules of this course. There seem to be a lot of engineering-related stuff, like "Finance and Law for Engineers", "Robotics", "Engineering - You're Hired", and "Global Engineering Challenge Week".

Just to confirm is this course like normal computer science? Also why is it G402 where the other Computer Science BSc courses are G400?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi,

I'm confused about the modules of this course. There seem to be a lot of engineering-related stuff, like "Finance and Law for Engineers", "Robotics", "Engineering - You're Hired", and "Global Engineering Challenge Week".

Just to confirm is this course like normal computer science? Also why is it G402 where the other Computer Science BSc courses are G400?

Hiya,

I am Jivanthika, a second year computer science and AI student so I have actually already undertaken a module you have mentioned so I will try to clear up your doubts!

At the University of Sheffield, the department of computer science comes under the faculty of Engineering so during Engineering- You're Hired and Global Engineering Challenge Week, the whole faculty of Engineering comes together and works on different projects where they will apply the knowledge they have gained from their courses. These "modules" are not exactly modules as they are not worth any credits and they are only a week long. However you must pass them, ie. get 40% in order to pass the year. However, as a computer science student, I would not say that I feel like there is a lot of engineering-related content as we are software based and all of our labs are in computer rooms.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions
Jivanthika :smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending