The Student Room Group

Off duty nursing

Hi all, I've been asked by placement to give my "off duty" what does off duty mean?
Sorry feeling stupid 😂
Original post by ac0023
Hi all, I've been asked by placement to give my "off duty" what does off duty mean?
Sorry feeling stupid 😂

Hi ☺️
I'm
pressuming that it means this........ As you can sort of chose what particular days you want to have of from working.

What does off duty mean in nursing........
To most nurses this means having consecutive days off, a fair share of weekends off and an early shift before days off and a late shift after. Constructing an off-duty rota is always a difficult task whichever system of organising care is used because there are many factors to be considered.
Reply 2
Off duty is a term used in nursing for your rota - ie what shifts you’ve been allocated. I presume they’re asking about your availability.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by moonkatt
Off duty is a term used in nursing for your rota - ie what shifts you’ve been allocated. I presume they’re asking about your availability.

This is what I was thinking 🤔🤔🤔 perhaps a bit more information from the OP would have been helpful.
Reply 4
Original post by Tracey_W
This is what I was thinking 🤔🤔🤔 perhaps a bit more information from the OP would have been helpful.

This was all I was asked
"could send over your 4 off-duty requests (4 per 4-week roster) by the 26th please - we currently only have our off-duty until Sunday 21st January."
Just asking for your availability of shifts you can work. You're lucky you have a choice!
Reply 6
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Just asking for your availability of shifts you can work. You're lucky you have a choice!

I've never had this before so won't lie, it took me off guard 😂
Reply 7
Original post by ac0023
This was all I was asked
"could send over your 4 off-duty requests (4 per 4-week roster) by the 26th please - we currently only have our off-duty until Sunday 21st January."

So they are basically just asking you to confirm what day's you want to work and then you'll have your four days off.

Just send them a message back saying you wish to work x X X X days with having following X X X X days off and then the following week you'll start a day later etc.

Usually you get a month rota in advance so you know which days you are working and then off and then the week prior to end of the month they do the following month rota again.

I work various days over the week and its very rare I work continuous days back to back.

Enjoy your placement
Reply 8
Original post by Tracey_W
So they are basically just asking you to confirm what day's you want to work and then you'll have your four days off.

Just send them a message back saying you wish to work x X X X days with having following X X X X days off and then the following week you'll start a day later etc.

Usually you get a month rota in advance so you know which days you are working and then off and then the week prior to end of the month they do the following month rota again.

I work various days over the week and its very rare I work continuous days back to back.

Enjoy your placement

Perfect thank you so much for explaining!!

And thank you 😊
Reply 9
Original post by ac0023
Perfect thank you so much for explaining!!

And thank you 😊

You are welcome 🤗🤗

Please enjoy your placement
Original post by ac0023
Sorry feeling stupid 😂

Off-duty is just your rota for the placement :smile:

Nat (Current student nurse)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending