The Student Room Group

are the med students getting proritised

I'm studying the Physician Associate course, my patients on pcament have mostly been MSK or ENT

We haven't even studies MSK yet, there is a med student there and when I saw her list she had all the Resp and paediatrics patients

Is it possible that she is getting first pick at the patients and they are giving me what's left over because its winter how have I not seen one resp patient?

Also because i want to go into paediatrics is it pushing it to ask if i could see paeds patients also
Original post by Kdog21
I'm studying the Physician Associate course, my patients on pcament have mostly been MSK or ENT

We haven't even studies MSK yet, there is a med student there and when I saw her list she had all the Resp and paediatrics patients

Is it possible that she is getting first pick at the patients and they are giving me what's left over because its winter how have I not seen one resp patient?

Also because i want to go into paediatrics is it pushing it to ask if i could see paeds patients also

It's worth a chat with your course tutor to raise your concerns if you don't think you're getting the placements you should.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending