The Student Room Group

My old sixth form would not give the old reference and predicted grades .

I am resitting privately at my old sixth but my head of year said 'the ucas will be done individually' .
The format of the reference has changed this year. A school/college can’t reuse the previous reference but they should still provide you with a reference.

Most universities won’t require predicted grades for resit applicants.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
The format of the reference has changed this year. A school/college can’t reuse the previous reference but they should still provide you with a reference.

Most universities won’t require predicted grades for resit applicants.

My head of sixth form said ' you would apply by yourself and not as part of this years cohort of applicants' Im not sure if they can still give me a reference I mean a new one should not be problem because it has only been months since I have left so they should still have some memory of me. What do you interpret of what he said?
Original post by lionelmessi34
My head of sixth form said ' you would apply by yourself and not as part of this years cohort of applicants' Im not sure if they can still give me a reference I mean a new one should not be problem because it has only been months since I have left so they should still have some memory of me. What do you interpret of what he said?

That you’re expected to request a reference as an individual applicant and not using a buzzword. They should still be able to provide you with an academic reference.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
That you’re expected to request a reference as an individual applicant and not using a buzzword. They should still be able to provide you with an academic reference.

Thank you I will contact them again today.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending