The Student Room Group

I have just been failed again

So I'm a first year student who did placement and PA failed me and then I had an second attempt with the same PA and she has failed me again so does anyone know what I can do
Reply 1
Needs more context, but first contact whoever is responsible for your placements. Do you have written feedback on your performance?
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
Needs more context, but first contact whoever is responsible for your placements. Do you have written feedback on your performance?
Yes I have from other nurses basically at first the PA told me to work with the HCAs and then failed me the first time then I was sent on retrieval with the same ward and PA I even requested to my university to change my PA as she is not letting me complete my proffencies when I went for 4 week retrieval she gave me lists of medications and mocks test with each one I passed but even though I printed my failed proffencies out the other nurses didn't want to even look at them and then she failed me again saying I am declining in my nurse course and I need to learn medication calculations and common ward medications which I have done numerous times with her thy are aware I have severe dyslexia but put even more pressure on me and I have told them I have a B in maths I'm dyslexic and don't have dyscalacula she passed all the other 3 students she had even though they were doing the same work as me as they were English I'm 100% i was failed on the basis of my color
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Sameera 786
Yes I have from other nurses basically at first the PA told me to work with the HCAs and then failed me the first time then I was sent on retrieval with the same ward and PA I even requested to my university to change my PA as she is not letting me complete my proffencies when I went for 4 week retrieval she gave me lists of medications and mocks test with each one I passed but even though I printed my failed proffencies out the other nurses didn't want to even look at them and then she failed me again saying I am declining in my nurse course and I need to learn medication calculations and common ward medications which I have done numerous times with her thy are aware I have severe dyslexia but put even more pressure on me and I have told them I have a B in maths I'm dyslexic and don't have dyscalacula she passed all the other 3 students she had even though they were doing the same work as me as they were English I'm 100% i was failed on the basis of my color
Sorry, no idea what this is about as i have no knowledge of nursing, but if you claim race as an issue have hard evidence to back up your statement.

However, you are saying you have failed elements, other nurses didn't get involved in you redoing work and you failed again, is that correct? Take it up again with your uni.
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
Sorry, no idea what this is about as i have no knowledge of nursing, but if you claim race as an issue have hard evidence to back up your statement.

However, you are saying you have failed elements, other nurses didn't get involved in you redoing work and you failed again, is that correct? Take it up again with your uni.
yes thats correct

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending