The Student Room Group

No Christmas card from boyfriend

Got him one but he said he’d give me one too but hasn’t ? He’s got his friend from work one today ? Like am I allowed to be upset or is that disrespectful of me?
Reply 1
Perhaps this isn't as significant a ritual for him. If he otherwise treats you well I wouldn’t worry. Mind you, do say where’s my card and I’m expecting a cracking gift too..
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
Perhaps this isn't as significant a ritual for him. If he otherwise treats you well I wouldn’t worry. Mind you, do say where’s my card and I’m expecting a cracking gift too..

Yeah well he apparently loves Christmas so? It’s just I wouldn’t mind if he said “Oh I’m sorry I don’t do Christmas cards” but then won’t be able to give me one as he’s going to family tomorrow. He’s had all morning/afternoon today to drop off one like he said he was going to. How come he got a card for a work friend ? Makes no sense to me clearly he does like sending cards.
Am I over exaggerating? It’s just I love Christmas and so does he so thought he’d think of me like I have?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Yeah well he apparently loves Christmas so? It’s just I wouldn’t mind if he said “Oh I’m sorry I don’t do Christmas cards” but then won’t be able to give me one as he’s going to family tomorrow. He’s had all morning/afternoon today to drop off one like he said he was going to. How come he got a card for a work friend ? Makes no sense to me clearly he does like sending cards.
Am I over exaggerating? It’s just I love Christmas and so does he so thought he’d think of me like I have?

Hi there,

It is not Christmas yet; if you were wanting to bring it up I would wait until it is definite that he has not written a card as that would be giving him the benefit of the doubt. I hope you feel better about the situation soon!

Merry Christmas,

Rachel- YSJ Student rep
Reply 4
Original post by Rachel_ysj
Hi there,

It is not Christmas yet; if you were wanting to bring it up I would wait until it is definite that he has not written a card as that would be giving him the benefit of the doubt. I hope you feel better about the situation soon!

Merry Christmas,

Rachel- YSJ Student rep

Hi thank you so much! He may write one we will see but it’s unlikely but will definitely wait until Christmas in case.
Thanks so much for your help Rachel 🙂
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1

I struggle with the importance of cards, that just end up in the recycling a short while later. A work obligation might seem more relevant. This said if he’s sussed it important to you and not shaped up it’s a different matter. Tell him how you feel.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending