The Student Room Group

SFE Hardship Fund

If I am being recommended by my uni to temporarily suspend my studies until 2024, but I am still going to be sitting outstanding exams in the summer, is it possible for me to apply for an SFE hardship fund as I have a contractual obligation to accommodation with a private landlord and this situation puts me in a very difficult position financially.
Original post by AKiey
If I am being recommended by my uni to temporarily suspend my studies until 2024, but I am still going to be sitting outstanding exams in the summer, is it possible for me to apply for an SFE hardship fund as I have a contractual obligation to accommodation with a private landlord and this situation puts me in a very difficult position financially.

Hi there,

Do you know if you'll be an external student for these exams? Or, will your university class you as being in attendance?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
I’m not too sure yet
Original post by AKiey
I’m not too sure yet

Hi there, you'd need to check with them first and they'll confirm if you are an internal or external student. We would only offer funding if you're studying internally at the university. Otherwise you'd be best checking with them directly to see if you're eligible for any financial help. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending