The Student Room Group

Further maths GCSE plus Maths A-level

Is it possible for me to sit further maths GCSE in year 12 as I want to get one extra 9 for University applications as the University I want to go to does a points system using your GCSEs for shortlisting. I think it would be good as I already do maths A-level so won’t have to put in any extra work for the GCSE?
I strongly suspect universities that shortlist on GCSE grades require you to do them all together in one sitting. I suspect they wouldn't accept an additional GCSE done during A-levels.
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
I strongly suspect universities that shortlist on GCSE grades require you to do them all together in one sitting. I suspect they wouldn't accept an additional GCSE done during A-levels.

Oh right do you need to give the date of the sat GCSE?
Original post by 18kav
Oh right do you need to give the date of the sat GCSE?

Yes in UCAS you have to declare the dates you sat the qualifications as well as exam board and subject etc.
Reply 4
Original post by 18kav
Is it possible for me to sit further maths GCSE in year 12 as I want to get one extra 9 for University applications as the University I want to go to does a points system using your GCSEs for shortlisting. I think it would be good as I already do maths A-level so won’t have to put in any extra work for the GCSE?

Which uni and course?

Quick Reply

Latest