The Student Room Group

Living in halls with a select amount of people.

Hi there, just wondering if it's possible to book uni accomodation with just a select amount of people? Me and my boyfriend were going to apply for a studio, but after waiting for the loan, found they'd all gone. Is there any possibility that if we both book a flat and put each other down as flatmates, if we have the chance to just live with the two of us? or would the university still put in other people? we just wanted to know if we could do it that way as the two of us, or try to look for a studio independantly.
Original post by milesprower
Hi there, just wondering if it's possible to book uni accomodation with just a select amount of people? Me and my boyfriend were going to apply for a studio, but after waiting for the loan, found they'd all gone. Is there any possibility that if we both book a flat and put each other down as flatmates, if we have the chance to just live with the two of us? or would the university still put in other people? we just wanted to know if we could do it that way as the two of us, or try to look for a studio independantly.

If the flat has eight rooms (for example) then the uni are going to fill it with eight people. They're not going to leave six rooms empty just so you and your boyfriend can have your own separate space.

If you want to live with your boyfriend, and only your boyfriend, then renting a studio independently seems the best option.
Original post by milesprower

Hey there 😀

Realistically, it is very unlikely as universities/private companies strive to fill in all the spaces they have to offer.

Nevertheless, you can find uni flats with only two bedrooms in them. Maybe this is an option?

I hope it was helpful 💪 Feel free to reach out if you have any questions 😉 You can also chat with me or other students directly through The Ambassador Platform.

Take care,

Julia
Psychology student
De Montfort University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending